Unemployment insurance fund – Unemployment funds
Unemployment insurance fund – Unemployment funds; uFiling is a secure Online system introduced to Employers to register, declare and pay UIF contributions. Employees can also use the system to apply for benefits such as unemployment, maternity and illness.
How does the unemployment insurance fund work?
Unemployment insurance fund; As a worker, 2% of your monthly salary must be contributed to UIF. Your employer must contribute 1% and you must contribute 1%. This should be deducted from your monthly salary, and should be reflected on your pay slip. Every employee has the right to a pay slip and a written contract.
Who qualifies for unemployment insurance fund in South Africa?
When your employer terminates your service, you can apply to the Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) for benefits. The benefits are only available to you if you have been contributing to the UIF while you worked. You cannot claim if you have resigned, been suspended or absconded from work.
How do I claim my unemployment fund?
To claim unemployment benefits you need to have:
- A copy of 13-digit bar-coded identity document.
- A copy of your last six payslips.
- Information supplied by your employer (UI-19).
- A service certificate from the employer.
- Proof of registration as a work seeker.
- A fully completed registration form.
Can I check my UIF balance?
Log onto www.ufiling.co.za. Click on check my balance. Follow the instructions as they appear on your screen.
How to Pay
Pay Using Instructed Debit Pull
Add Your Account
- Register the bank account or accounts you wish to use for payment under Select “Employer Information” and then “Banking Information”.
- Click “Add New”.
- Complete the required banking information.
- Click “Update” – You are now ready to pay your bill using Instructed Debit.
Pay Your Account
- Select the declaration, or declarations, you wish to pay and click pay.
- Choose your preferred bank account from the list and instruct the payment. Unemployment Insurance Fund will send this instruction to your bank which will debited with the instructed amount. The system confirms your payment instruction and provides a notification once the payment has been confirmed successful by your bank.
- Your payment is allocated to your account and will reflect on your next statement.
Website Related Queries:
Other Queries – Contact us on:
- Please make sure that you use an email address to which we can reply, as it often happens that email replies are returned as undeliverable because of incorrect email addresses or selective blocking at work email addresses.