Tradesperson 1 – High Voltage Electrical (UG) at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Tradesperson 1 – High Voltage Electrical (UG) at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
R Reporting to: Senior Supervisor – UG HV Electrical
Number of Positions: One (01)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The post holder is responsible for assisting Underground High Voltage Electrical Supervisor on shift and He/she will be working closely with experts in all aspects on effective facilities maintenance at the UG HME department.
Grade one /level tree Trade test certificate in high voltage/ Full technician in electrical Engineering,
Advance Diploma/ Bachelor’s degree in Electrical engineering.
Must have valid Tanzanian driving license and manual vehicle driving competency.
GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
At least 1-2 years’ experience as HV Electrician, doing trouble shooting and repair of Underground High Voltage, cable runs, fan installations, servicing of drilling jumbo, servicing UG pumps.
Should have High Voltage Electrical knowledge.
Jumbo Sandvik experience is an added advantage.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Performing electrical fault diagnostics on Equipment and other machines to identify faults.
- Repairing electrical faults in jumbos, Solos, cubex starters, flyt pumps, stalker pumps and replacing damaged/faulty parts where necessary.
- Performing checks and tests to verify the success of repair work.
- Assembling and installing electrical and electronic systems in the equipment.
- Preparing time and cost estimates for business unit.
- Performing routine revision and maintenance on the machines.
- Learn and follow the safety requirements related to your work.
- Consider what could go wrong and what needs to be done to work safely before starting a task.
- Speak up if you think a task cannot be done safely.
- Continually look for new hazards in the workplace and report them to your supervisor.
- Talk to your Supervisor when you think you are unable to work at your best.
- Suggest ways you can improve Safety performance.
- Promptly report all injuries, illnesses, and incidents.
- Help others to work safely.
- Sound knowledge on health, safety, and environment issues.
- Computer literacy, good communication skills and able to speak both English and Swahili.
- Knowledge of diagnostics tools for electrical fault finding.
- Ability to read electrical schematics and circuit diagrams.
- Ability to carry out/repair electrical wiring and installation.
- Strong manual skills and precision when carrying out repair and testing.
- Organizational skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Problem-solving skills.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Please apply by clicking APPLY button below.
On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Tradesperson 1 – High Voltage Electrical (UG)”
If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interview.
Internal Applicants (those are currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
RELATED POST: 2 Tradesperson – Mechanics at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
Applications should reach the above on or before 21st November 2022 at 5:30 Pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
Please note when you are invited for interview, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing email@example.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com
Leave a Reply