Pharmaceutical Technician at MDH
Job Title: Pharmaceutical Technician
Reports to : Site Manager
Deadline: 2nd December 2022
Location: Dar es Salaam
RELATED POST: TB/HIV Officer at MDH
Job Summary :
A Pharmacy Technician is a professional who helps pharmacists dispense prescription medication to customers or health professionals and ensure that everyone has what they need. They mainly work in retail pharmacies, but some are employed in hospital pharmacies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make sure that the storage and dispensing area is clean, safe and conforms to laws governing pharmacy and pharmaceuticals.
- Project consumption estimates for each drug item on monthly basis.
- Make order of drugs from main store of your respective district store according to anticipated
- Monthly requirements by filling authorized tools i.e. ordering and requisition voucher.
- Receives deliveries and counterchecks and sign off all drug deliveries.
- Keep records of all receipts and issues. Maintain bin card for each item and keep a running balance
- Store, distribute and control the stock and ensures uninterrupted supply of drugs at all times by ensuring Max-Min stock level of 2/1 Month at all times.
- Redistribute the nearly expiring drugs to sites that can consume them before the expiring dates.
- Controls and separate immediately the damaged and expired drugs from the shelves/cupboard and keep all set aside for destruction.
- Monitor prescriptions from dully authorized prescribers for appropriateness and discrepancies.
- Dispense/refill all prescriptions.
- Provide medication adherence counselling to patients.
- Maintain records of all drugs issued to patients to dispensing register, paper based and or software.
- Prepare and submit Monthly drugs consumption report which includes stock level and number of patients on ARVs per regimen to district Supply Chain Officer before 5th of the next month.
- Provide drugs information to patients including other member of the clinical staff
- Maintains confidentiality and keeps patient information and records secure
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Requirements, Education, work experience and skills
- Diploma in Pharmacy or equivalent field from a recognized institution.
- Registered/enrolled by the Pharmacy Council of Tanzania.
- A minimum of Two (2) years working experience in a Pharmaceutical environment, preferably in a similar position.
- Work experience in HIV/AIDS care and treatment program will be an advantage. 1. Highest level of integrity.
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure and tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written).
- Computer literate – conversant with, Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Special Employment Condition
Employment Contract that will end on 29th September, 2023
How to Apply:
To Apply for this Job register or login to https://recruitment.mdh.or.tz/ and from the Dashboard click on Search Vacancies button.
The deadline for submitting the application is 2 December 2022.
Leave a Reply