TABORA, Tanzania, United Republic of
Office Assistant (m/f/x) – Workplace
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also works for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad, Enabel offers solutions to address pressing global challenges – Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality – and to promote Global Citizenship. With 2,000 staff, Enabel manages about 170 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Enabel is operating in Tanzania as a public limited company under public law with a social purpose in accordance with article 7 (iii) of the General Agreement between The United Republic of Tanzania and The Kingdom of Belgium on Development Co-operation signed on 16th of October 2002, and the introduction Letter from the Embassy of Kingdom of Belgium N° 2018/023 signed on 25th January 2018 on the transformation from BTC into Enabel.
The project on beekeeping, funded by the European Union, has a duration of 4 years with an inception phase of 6 months.
The project is taking place under the 11th EDF National Indicative Programme for Tanzania (2014-2020) in which Sustainable Agriculture is a focal sector with the specific objective to ”enhance management of natural resources, including forests, and ecosystem services for sustainable agriculture development and climate change adaptation”. The European Union Action Document for Beekeeping Value Chain Support contributes to that objective and also to the Planet and Prosperity pillars.
Your tasks and responsibilities as Office Assistant:
- You clean office building and its surroundings i.e. (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping scrubbing, cleaning ceiling vents, restrooms, kitchen etc.)
- You ensuring wash areas and toilet areas are regularly replenished and kept clean
- You monitor cleaning materials and maintain a kitchen inventory.
- You inform Administrative Assistant for the occurrence for defectiveness of office items and needs for repairs.
- You ensure all minor maintenance tasks are completed within the buildings e.g, door handles.
- You ensure all furniture and fittings arrangements provides maximum safety and comfort.
The Office Assistant: reports to Administrative Assistant
Required qualifications and experience
- Tanzanian national
- Secondary School Certificate (CSEE)
- At least a year Working Experience for related and similar responsibilities
Required skills and knowledge
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Good Listening and Comprehension skills.
- Excellent customer care skills.
- A Good Team Player
Applicants are also required to commit to the vision, mission and values of Enabel (https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values).
We offer you
- A fascinating job in an international environment.
- A contract of 24 months. You are based in Tabora .
- A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary, in accordance with our salary scales (Class 1), hospitalization/healthcare insurance, 13th month, holiday allowance and reallocation allowance.
Every person who fulfils the conditions listed in our job advertisements may apply. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or any other factor
Following this recruitment procedure, a shortlist of successful applicants may be constituted which may be sourced in the next three years for similar job openings.
Are you interested?
Apply here https://jobs.enabel.be/ with an application letter and your updated CV, at the latest by21st July 2022. If you have any further questions, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
We thank you in advance for your interest in our company.
Only applications that are registered here via our on-line portal will be considered.
Use our APP to View Daily Job Updates, Click HERE to Install On Your Smart Phone