Merchant Advisor (Northern Zone)
NMB Bank PLC
Job Location : Northern Zone
- Recruit, run, and drive merchant acquiring business through selling of POS, E-commerce and QR codes. This will involve working closely with Zones, and Branches.
- Share weekly, monthly sales reports and pipelines on new acquisitions to zonal management and branch management assigned herein.
- The same should be reported to Acquiring Business Management.
- Meet qualitative and quantitative sales objectives defined as per approved budget.
- Constantly share budget reports versus actual numbers to zonal management as well as branch management for constant review of performance standing and position.
- Perform merchant training, orientation and merchant-related servicing activities and maintain records of the same during delivery of devices.
- Conduct 360 check of merchant activities under assigned portfolio and recommend strategies for portfolio growth where necessary.
- This will entail having reports on active and inactive devices, replaced devices, new opportunity pipelines, pipeline status on a weekly basis to ensure Turnaround Time is met.
- Should perform Merchant Payment file checks on weekly basis to check merchant performance and share relevant presentable information to acquiring business management.
- Provide prompt resolution to customer queries belonging to assigned portfolio, both internal and external.
- Should maintain soft copy of all reported queries to be discussed on acquiring sessions and meetings on weekly basis.
- Upsell and cross sell acquiring products and services to both internal customers for knowledge dissemination purposes and external customers for selling opportunities.
- This is not limited to e commerce, POS, and QR.
- Ensure that green environment is managed in terms of controls by performing utmost best practices in terms of organizing merchant documentation and records.
- Maintain diplomacy tact when dealing with difficult clients while ensuring the bank is protected as a customer centric bank.
- Presenting merchant applications from branches and ensuring Turnaround Time is met to the vetting committee for selection.
- Perform merchant screening through MATCH system before deployment and implement merchant application verification, site inspection, compliance to business requirement and contract sign-off.
- Ensure all contractual agreements under the portfolio managed is maintained and up to date.
- Responsible to negotiate merchant commission on behalf of the bank as per agreed pricing matrix.
- Supply marketing/branding material and consumables such as receipt rolls and sales slips to respective zones and branches.
- Provide reports on a Monthly basis on stock available and work to replenish timely on agreed Turnaround Time.
- Perform regular merchant site visit to ensure compliance to operating regulations.
- Ensure that Merchant Visit Checklist dully filled and shared to acquiring business management for review.
- Manage fraudulent merchants end to end by ensuring that they timely get the necessary information and due process.
- Coordinate the process with Senior Specialist, Card Governance and ensure all due process followed and closed timely.
- Ensure merchant termination process is adhered for both voluntary and involuntary merchants.
- See the process end to end and ensure that the relationship between the bank and the merchant does not end without proper alignment.
- Manage dispute resolution process by sustaining relationship and making follow up on the necessary documents.
- Weekly reporting on the number of incidences should be shared to acquiring management for review.
- Number of incidents monitored on quarterly basis.
- Coordinate preparations for merchant workshops at Zonal Level aimed at ensuring that card acquiring best practices disseminated to merchants.
- Any other assignment that may be delegated by the supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Business Acumen.
- Portfolio Management.
- Sales Skills cross selling and upselling of products and services.
- Negotiation Skills, stakeholder management (internal and external).
- Strong presentation and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Understanding of programs, systems, and procedures necessary to ensure effective merchant management
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Computer literate.
- High level of integrity.
- Teamwork and team player; be ready to perform tasks of other team members with flexibility.
- Self-motivated and Analytical skills
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field.
- 5 years banking experience with at least 3 years in acquiring Business.
- Strong background in Card Schemes.NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
The deadline for submitting the application is 15 July 2022.