Life science grade 11 practical task term 3 gaseous exchange | Life science grade 11 gaseous exchange notes pdf
Life Sciences could be defined as the scientific study of living things from the molecular level to their interactions with one another and their interactions with the environment.
Life Sciences is important for the following reasons:
• To provide useful knowledge and skills that are needed in everyday life.
• To expose learners to the range and scope of biological studies, to stimulate interest in and create awareness of possible specializations,
e.g. medicine, pharmacy, genetics, research, environmental occupations, botany, zoology, and so on.
• To provide sufficient background/foundation for further studies in one or more of the biological sub-disciplines, e.g. Botany, Zoology, Physiology, Genetics, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, and so on.
life science grade 11 gaseous exchange questions pdf, grade 11 gaseous exchange practical term 3 memorandum, gaseous exchange grade 11 practical, gaseous exchange grade 11 questions and answers, solutions for all life sciences grade 11 teacher’s guide pdf download, life science grade 11 gaseous exchange notes pdf, life science grade 11 term 3 notes pdf, life sciences grade 11 study notes term 3
What is Gaseous Exchange – Gaseous Exchange Grade 11 Notes pdf download?
- The main function of the respiratory system is to take in oxygen from the atmosphere and make it available to the cells for cellular respiration.
- Carbon dioxide is produced during respiration and must be removed.
- Terms that are important that you can differentiate between:
- Breathing – the mechanical process whereby air moves into and out of the lungs. (inhalation and exhalation)
- Gaseous exchange – the exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide across a gaseous exchange surface.
- Cellular respiration – the release of energy from glucose in the presence of oxygen