Laboratory Service Officer at MDH
Job Title: Laboratory Service Officer
Reports to : DACC
Deadline: 2nd December 2022
Location: Dar es Salaam
Job Summary :
District Laboratory Officer Provides technical assistance to MDH- project supported Laboratories in the District and provision of high quality clinical laboratory services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance and supportive supervision to the laboratories at regional, district and health center facility levels.
- Assist the laboratories to provide adequate and reliable testing services to support HIV and TB care and treatment services in the region.
- Work closely with other units, District Health authorities and other implementing partners to ensure adequate coordination and efficient utilization of resources for effective laboratory services in the region.
- Assist in the development of laboratory policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) that will ensure implementation of activities of management, quality assurance, personnel performance evaluation and documentation to assure compliance and adherence to regulatory guidelines.
- Assist in the implementation, monitoring, and documentation of laboratory test results including follow-up on abnormal results and critical values.
- Provide logistical support for the procurement and ordering of laboratory reagents and supplies
- Assist in the preparation of reports on logistic management of reagents and consumables in order to improve supply management.
- Assist in development of continuous training programs focusing on laboratory testing, QA/QC, GLP and safety.
- Assist the laboratories to implement and maintain ISO 15189 laboratory accreditation standards
- Support the laboratories to properly implement data management practices and ensure accurate and reliable reports and data are generated
- Ensure preparation of monthly and quarterly reports and submission to the appropriate authority.
- Assist with other technical support activities for MDH
Requirements, Education, work experience and skills
- A degree or Master’s degree in health laboratory sciences or biomedical laboratory sciences
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in working at laboratory project management in the HIV/TB Care and Treatment settings
- Vast experience on implementing QMS for the laboratory ISO 15189 accreditation standard
- Ability to collaborate with government health management teams and other partners
- Ability to work both as individual and as a team with minimum supervision
Special Employment Condition
Employment contract that will end on 29th September, 2023
How to Apply:
To Apply for this Job register or login to https://recruitment.mdh.or.tz/ and from the Dashboard click on Search Vacancies button.
The deadline for submitting the application is 2 December 2022.
Leave a Reply