Air Excel is an airline based in Arusha, Tanzania offering both scheduled and air charter services.
JOB DESCRIPTION – C208B Captain
Our mission at Air Excel is to safely transport passengers by air within Tanzania and East
Africa, and to provide the best experience while doing so.
Air Excel is an owner-run and -operated airline with over four decades of experience in the Tanzanian aviation industry. The ﬂeet is currently seven aircraft strong – comprising six Cessna Grand Caravans (C208B) and one twin-engine Let 410 E20.
The company specialises in bespoke private ﬂights (air charters and scenic ﬂying) throughout Tanzania and surrounding East African countries; and daily scheduled ﬂights connecting the Northern Safari Circuit with Kilimanjaro, Zanzibar, Dar es Salaam and Dolly (Kili Golf).
Role Title: C208B Line Pilot
Role level: Captain
Reporting to: Director of Flight Operations
Location: Arusha, Tanzania
Remuneration: To be determined by pilots experience, total hours & time on type
We are seeking a C208B Captain to join our ﬂight crew; represent the company; and both safely and efﬁciently transport passengers within Tanzania and to/from surrounding East African countries.
Join our team at the forefront of our operation and deliver the highly demanded link travellers to Tanzania require to complete their safari-going experience.
- Fly the company aircraft as per the companies’ Standard Operating Procedures and as operations departments’ instructions – ensuring all rules and regulations are followed.
- Represent the company in a polite, professional and respectful manner as you are in the presence of the passenger/clients.
- Ensure you maintain a valid Tanzanian pilot’s licence at all times.
- Ensure to complete and keep track of all necessary paperwork in relation to your ﬂights in a prompt and accurate manner.
- Communicate in a clear, efﬁcient, professional and respectful manner with all colleagues and departments.
You will have:
- Minimum total time = 1,500 hours
- Total time on C208B = 500+ hours
- Current and active Tanzanian licence with C208/IR endorsement
- Hold a valid medical approved by TCAA
- No accident/incident history in the last 5 years
- Familiarity with Tanzanian ﬂight operations, including Northern Tanzania (Manyara, Tarangire, Serengeti)
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to relocate to Arusha
Exceptional candidates will have:
- Ability to start work immediately
- Proﬁciency in additional languages
- Tanzanian citizenship or the right to work in Tanzania
- Experience operating scenic ﬂights, speciﬁcally Mt. Kilimanjaro & other Tanzania landmarks
- A background in safari-planning or tourism in East Africa
How to apply:
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please email your cover letter and CV
to email@example.com and Cc firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
- Add C208B Captain as the email subject.
- Please also include any letter of recommendation.
Once the position has been ﬁlled this posting will be removed.