District Supply Chain Officer at MDH
Job Title: District Supply Chain Officer
Reports to : Officer
Deadline: 2nd December
Location: Dar es Salaam
Job Summary :
The District Supply Chain Officer is a self-motivated individual who will be responsible for providing oversight to supply chain management systems of HIV/AIDS care and treatment programs at the district and MDH-supported facilities. Her/his main objective is to ensure uninterrupted availability of all programmatic HIV/IADS commodities specifically HIV RTK’s, ARV medicines, and Isoniazid 300 and 100mg for TPT at all districts/sites. She/he will work in close collaboration with the relevant district and facility-level health management teams to ensure that MDH-supported sites meet national standards of Health commodities Logistics Systems by:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor all facilities that:
- Dispense/refill by using MoH Standard prescriptions
- Provide medication adherence counselling to patients
- Maintain records of all drugs issued to patients to dispensing register, paper-based or electronic
- Maintain appropriate stock levels (max – min levels)
- Ensure the Logistics Information Management Tools are available and properly filled to all
- Health facilities(electronic/manual).
- Actively perform supportive supervision of MDH-supported sites and use these supervisions to strengthen their capacity on issues related to supply chain management in collaboration with the Municipal council.
- Work closely with supported health facilities to promote rational use of medicines and ADR reporting.
- Collaborate with Municipal Council by conducting mentorships/on-the-job training at MDH-supported sites within the district.
- All relevant staff at MDH-supported sites/districts are trained on health commodities logistics systems to ensure efficient supply chain management.
- Facilitate redistribution of health commodities to prevent wastage due to expiries as well as understocking which leads to stock out.
- All facilities report and request All HIV/AIDS Commodities Bi-monthly on the agreed timelines
- Prepare and Submit District Monthly reports on stock availability.
- Performa any other duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Requirements, Education, work experience and skills
- Bachelor Degree in Pharmacist or equivalent field from a recognized institution
- Registered/enrolled by the Pharmacy Council of Tanzania.
- A minimum of two(2) years working experience in a Pharmaceutical and Supply chain environment, preferably in a similar position.
- Work experience in HIV/AIDS care and treatment program will be an advantage.
- Highest level of integrity. 2. Ability to work and deliver under pressure and tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Computer literate – conversant with, Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Special Employment Condition
10 months Employment contract, Employment contract will end on 29th September 2023
Read Also: 11 Guidelines to follow in CV Writing
How to Apply:
To Apply for this Job register or login to https://recruitment.mdh.or.tz/ and from the Dashboard click on Search Vacancies button.
The deadline for submitting the application is 2 December 2022.
Leave a Reply