Director Of Technical Services
Air Tanzania Company Limited (ATCL)
Dar es Salaam
Air Tanzania Company Limited (ATCL) is expanding its network to meet the needs of its Business Strategy which focus on sustaining the recorded achievements and remain an airline of choice that meets and exceeds customers’ expectations in line with its mission of provision of reliable, safe, and high-quality services. Therefore, applications are invited from qualified Tanzanians to fill the positions mentioned below:-
POSITION: DIRECTOR OF TECHNICAL SERVICES – (1 POST)
MINIMUM ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS AND WORKING EXPERIENCE:
Must have a Degree in Aeronautics / Degree in relevant engineering field from a recognized institution or its equivalent
Must have Aircraft Maintenance Engineers license/approval with appropriate airframe, power plant or avionics ratings;
Must have at least ten (10) years of working experience of which two (2)years must be in a Managerial position: and
Must have at least three years’ experience in maintaining the same category and class of aircraft used by the AOC holder including one year in the capacity of returning aircraft to service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advises the Managing Director and CEO on all matters related to Technical Services activities to contribute in reaching of the vision and realizing the mission of the Company.
- Provide leadership and coordination of Technical Services sections to ensure legal, safe and efficient operation.
- Responsible for development, implementation, and evaluation of strategies to achieve technical services’ corporate objectives
- Development and enforcement of company policies and for ensuring compliance with all laws, rules, and regulations governing technical services activities.
- Oversee the planning and optimum use of resources under technical services section.
- Ensure that the highest possible standards of Technical proficiency are maintained
- Oversees and implements ATCL’s strategic plan in relation to Technical Services directorate objectives;
- Ensure optimal, efficient and effective management and utilization of human resource under Technical Services directorate
- Oversee the planning and optimum use of resources under the Technical Services directorate
- Ensure implementation of an effective quality and determine standards operating practices to comply with relevant legislations and regulations which are related to the AOC and other necessary authorities
- Liaise with other departments within the airline to ensure the airline global objectives and targets are met.
- Oversee health and Safety Matters
- Conducts Performance Review and Appraisal of subordinates and gives feedback respectively.
- Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by a supervisor.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Five (5) years contract with attractive remuneration and fringe benefits as per ATCL Salary Structure and Incentive Scheme.
MODE OF APPLICATION FOR ALL APPLICANTS:
Interested applicants must submit a dully signed letter for consideration of the application attached with the following;
- A curriculum vitae (CV);
- Certified copies of all certificates (including secondary school, birth certificates), other relevant certificates, Applicants who have studied outside Tanzania should have their certificates approved by relevant authorities Tanzania Commission for University (TCU) or National Examination Council- NECTA);
- Two recent passport size photographs ;
- Name and address of at least two reputable referees;
- Applicants from Public Service should route their applications through their employers;
- Applicants reliable contact address, email address and telephone number.
Note: Misrepresentation of qualifications or any other information on application shall warrant legal consequences.
MANAGING DIRECTOR & CEO,
AIR TANZANIA COMPANY LIMITED,
P.O. Box 543,
DAR ES SALAAM
The deadline for submitting the application is 8 December 2022.
Leave a Reply