International School of Tanganyika
Dar es Salaam
Challenging, inspiring and supporting all our students to fulfil their potential and improve the world
IST will be a global leader in the education of internationally-mobile young people.
All students, regardless of their starting point, will think critically, achieve academically and develop the wisdom to make good choices. They will show curiosity and creativity in addressing authentic problems, local and global.
They will pursue their varied passions with enthusiasm, developing resilience, perseverance, and confidence. Understanding the diversity of people and cultures, they will act kindly, fairly, and responsibly.
All members of the IST community will work together to fulfil this vision.
Statement of Values
All members of the IST community are:
Responsible – We act responsibly, positively and constructively towards ourselves and other people. We learn from our mistakes and accept the consequences of our actions.
Inquiring – We show curiosity, perseverance and open-mindedness in seeking to understand and solve problems. We persevere in the face of difficulties and we embrace the learning that comes through failure as well as the joy of success.
Compassionate – We empathise with others and act with care, kindness and courage. In our interactions, we behave with patience, generosity and integrity.
Balanced – We believe in a broad education for our students, seeing the value of participation in a varied curriculum.
Diverse – We treasure the diversity within the IST community, using the rich opportunities for deeper understanding that come from our differences.
IST Strategic Plan
Our Strategic Plan is in place to help our community align efforts to better reach our schoolʼs mission, vision and values. This plan is focused on three aims.
The written, taught and assessed curriculum is designed to meet the needs of all learners
Creation and implementation of the technology plan in order to ensure that future developments of media and information technology address the long-term needs of the school.
Professional learning opportunities are designed to have a positive on impact student learning. (d) Ensure IST is recognized globally as an exemplary IB World School.
(e) Continued development of ISTʼs inclusion programs to support personalized experiences for all learners.
Build and sustain a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for all members of the school community.
Continued development of partnerships with local and global individuals, organizations and alumni to enhance student learning.
Develop and review processes and systems to enhance communication within the IST community
Continued review and implementation of master site plan – with focus on inclusion and access as well as facilities to support innovative programs
Review procedures to retain and recruit employees who are aligned with our strategic plan.
Improve ISTʼs ability to work more sustainably and align environmental frameworks to improve our educational experiences and operations.
Enhance processes for creating, auditing and reviewing IST policy and procedure documents.
Summary of the Role
Reporting to the Secondary School Principal, the Administrative Assistant will provide professional, efficient and effective administrative services to IST Stakeholders (students, parents, staff and other clients) by fostering excellence in delivery of administrative services.
Administrative Assistant at International School of Tanganyika
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Experience: 5+ yearsʼ experience as Administrative Assistant;
- A minimum Bachelorʼs Degree in Business Administration;
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written form
- Self-motivated with the ability to work without supervision
- Knowledge of child protection and health and safety
- Ability to apply various forms of technology to communicate, solve problems, keep accurate, organized records, and improve efficiency.
- Excellent interpersonal planning and organizational skills
- Willingness and ability to work collaborate effectively with colleagues
- Highly effective relationship developer with a variety of stakeholders;
- Ability to apply various forms of technology to communicate, solve problems, keep accurate, organized records, and improve efficiency.”
- Collaborative team player, empathetic listener
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Intercultural awareness, creative, persuasive
- Adept in multilingual settings, spirited, pioneering, professional and nurturing
The primary responsibilities for Administrative Assistant will be:
- Coordinate activities of the particular department including logistics, administrative support and related activities;
- Provide services to all students in our community as well as assist and oversee the outside facilities rental and use.
- To assist with the receipt and recording of incoming parcel and mail and providing postal services as required.
- To provide other general administrative duties i.e. electronic record maintenance and photocopying.
- Carrying out simple administrative functions and day-to-day secretarial works where required. (f) Assist in creating and maintaining a professional and welcoming reception area.
- Perform any other duties as designated by the Secondary School Principal
Applications and enquiries should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business on Friday 18th November, 2022.